Friday, April 27, 2007

C - give and take

A few days ago, D and I went downtown to pick up a package his mother had very generously sent him for his birthday, and as we approached the downtown area, we both were struck by the skyline and bustle of the city we've been living in for nine months now. Obviously we don't get downtown often enough! Our life here has become rather routine: eat, sleep, teach, etc.

I'm hoping to be more active in the next few months before we leave, as there are a few important Dalian sights we haven't seen yet. There's a holiday coming up next week, although I'm not entirely sure what it's commemorating. Something about labor, I think. That's probably the only aspect of communism left in China. Well, that and the authoritarian government, I suppose. We don't have any exciting travel plans for the week, mainly due to the last-minute way in which the university notifies us of the holidays and which days' classes will be rescheduled. It's hard to book plane tickets when you have no idea which days will be holidays and which won't!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David and Cathy! I'm glad to hear things are going well. I can't believe only 8 more weeks are left of this awesome school year for me! Take care.
Love,
Aunt Rosemary :)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, Happy B-day Blue! (or should i say Sir Blue, Czar of Port of Dalian). can't believe i forgot... where are my manners